Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Simple Changes To Make My Life Better

If you read my last post, you would know that I have had issues with depression or bipolar, or mood swings, or whatever it may be. When I saw this opportunity on social moms, I knew I had to participate in it. I'td like to share some simple changes that would make my life beter in the new year.

The number one thing I think I need to change is going to a doctor. I think that even just talking to a doctor would help me. If I need some kind of medicine, I would be open to that too. I need to admit that it is very possible that I have a mood disorder, and stop hiding from it. It runs in our family and I'm showing signs. I need to get that done asap!

Another thing that I think would be good for me is to get organized. It can be as simple as making sure everything gets put away as soon as I bring it in the house.I'm horrible about sitting things down and never getting around to putting them away. I also need to start going through my kids clothes sooner. They end up having things in their drawers for a long time after it stops fitting.

 I also need to stop sweating the small stuff. I've noticed that a lot of times I let myself get worked up over really little things. In the big scheme of things, a spilled glass of red juice on my carpet really doesn't matter. It can be cleaned. I have to remember that.

I would also like to spend more time with my husband, even something little like watching a movie together alone would be amazing. We get to spend time together as a family, but my husband and I have very little time together. It would be great to find a sitter and have a date night once or twice a month. I can let go of my paranoia for 2 nights a month and believe that someone else is capable of taking care of my kids. That's simple enough, I have great friends that would be great with my kids.

One last simple thing I could do is to talk. I need to just let everything out once and a while to get things off my chest. Keeping things in leads to mommy meltdowns, and trust me, mommy meltdowns are not good! Like I said, I have some great friends, I'm sure that they would be fine with me venting to them. Talking to someone helps a ton, so that's part of my plan also.

I'm hoping to start these simple tasks asap, and I hope to start seeing the benefits soon! Thanks for reading, and if you have any simple things that make life a little more enjoyable I would love to hear them!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece

No comments: