Monday, March 28, 2011

Easter Fun!

Spring is finally here, and even though it's still not warm here in Missouri, I can see the warmth just around the corner. Spring is my favorite time of year... the flowers, the baby animals, the birds chirping, I love it all! With Spring comes Easter, which happens to be one of my favorite holidays! The main reason why Easter is one of my favorite holidays... chocolate!

Really, I love Easter because of it's meaning. However, there are so many other reasons to love Easter! I love the Easter Egg Hunt. It's a family tradition around here. We all go down to my sister in laws house where we hide over 500 eggs filled with candy and money and other goodies. All of our kids search through the back yard and house and sometimes even the neighbors house to find the eggs. The child with the most eggs wins the Giant Chocolate Bunny named Sam. We buy one every year and the kids get super competitive over it, Sam is very delicious! I always take a ton of pictures of them searching for the eggs and love going back later to look at them. We let the kids out in order of age, the little ones get a 2 minute head start, then the big kids get to go out.

Another reason I love Easter is because I love to see my kids dye the Easter eggs. We have a really fun time trying to be creative and come up with a ton of different ideas for eggs. We take almost the whole day the day before Easter to dye the eggs, and my kids love it! I also love seeing their faces first thing in the morning when the Easter bunny has come and left them baskets and hidden the eggs. Watching them find the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid is always fun, he finds some crazy spots for those eggs!

I also love going to church on the Sunday morning of Easter. Our church makes a huge deal about it and we have a huge BBQ after our service. My kids get to play with the other kids and they all look so cute in their Easter dresses and suits. I love coming up with the perfect dish to take to church and having my daughter help me fix it.

Last but not least, I REALLY love the chocolate :)

Those are the things that I love about Easter! What are some of your favorite things? I would love to hear if you have any cool traditions with your family! Thanks for reading!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hop blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: