Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Helpful Tips for Holiday Tech Shopping

When shopping for electronics and all things tech-y it's easy to get overwhelmed! There are so many different brands, prices, rebates, reviews and it can all get very frustrating when your standing in the store staring at 5 kinds of the same thing! Here are some tips to help get you through your electronic shopping this holiday season.

1. Do your research! I always hit Amazon before I leave to go shopping for electronics. In my opinion they have the best and most honest reviews of products. Take the time to read through them all. A lot of times there are a bunch of good but a few bad reviews. Make sure you read through the bad ones to, so that you know there could be something wrong with what you want to buy.

2. Quality matters. I'm a frugal/cheap/money hungry girl! HOWEVER, when I buy electronics I make sure I get the top of the line. I want something that is going to last. If there is a laptop for $300 and one for $400, the only thing that matters to me is which one will last longer and how much use I can get out of it.

3. Take cash when shopping. I find that if I know exactly what I want before I leave the house I only take enough money to cover that and nothing else. The reason is that sales associates will try to get you to buy this or that to go with it. Or they might even try to get you to buy something entirely different (and more expensive).

4. Get the warranty! In the past I've went the cheap way and skipped out on getting the warranty. In the long run it ended up costing me more! You never know what could happen to your valuables, and if you have kids it's almost a guarantee that the most expensive thing will end up broke! (Well, my kids anyway)

5. Ask questions. While your shopping don't be afraid to ask the associate questions about what ever you are thinking about buying. A good tip is to write them down at home so you don't forget. If they can't answer your questions, maybe you should go to another store that can. You deserve to know everything about what your buying before you spend you hard earned money on it!

Well those are my 5 tips, I hope you enjoyed them and can put them to use this holiday season. They would have helped me in the past! Remember, the holidays are supposed to be fun, so don't get too frustrated when your out shopping for that iPad! ;)

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I like the cash idea. Sometimes I get suckered into buying things I really do not need.

Thanks for grabbing my giveaway button!