Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My funk is fixed

I promised I don't stink. Not that kind of funk ;)

For the last week or so, I've been in some kind of weird funk. I don't know how to explain it other than that. A funk. I've cried for no reason, been pissed off for no reason, and have had like zero patience with everyone. I get like that occasionally, I have no clue why. Normally it last a few days and I'm good after that. Not this time. I'm still not sure what brought it on, but I think I fixed it.

Normally, when I get like that I think that I need to get away for a while. Go to a friends house and just be "free" for a bit. In general, it helps but I still feel a little on edge for a few days. Today I took a totally different approach. After crying myself to sleep last night like a blubbering fool (over nothing in particular), I woke up this morning and realized that I needed to snap the hell out of it. Just like that I was already in a better mood. Not great at that point, but better. Then I took a shower - even better. After that I went shopping and bought a book - when I got home, I got lost in that book for an hour. I loved it. I felt almost refreshed.

When my daughter came from school, I was ecstatic lol! My daughter, son, husband, and I played outside for a long time. When it got dark, I took the kiddos inside and played for 2 hours straight. I didn't worry about bath times, or dinner times, not even bed times and it felt amazing! I took all the time limits out of my evening and it went great.

Now, I know I can't do that every night. BUT sometimes it's okay. So the kids went to bed without a bath one night - it wont kill them. So what that they didn't eat until 8 - they weren't starving. I don't care that Noodles bed time is 8, she's in bed almost asleep an hour later, she will still be fine tomorrow.

Today I learned that sometimes, it's good to push the limits and not stick to schedules so much. Today I needed it. I feel amazing right now. I feel like I really got to spend some quality time with my kids without the hassles of our evening routine. It was a fun day, and I'm content.

I'm off to get lost in my book for a little while longer. I hope you all enjoy your week :)

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great post and I totally agree... I need breaks. I know my limits and a break is so wonderful and allows me to be better to everyone :)