Thursday, September 2, 2010

A little story

Words have a lasting impression, sometimes good, sometimes great, and other times hurtful. These words have changed my life in one way or another.

"Hi, I'm your dad, I'm sorry it took so long to see you again."

"Your Dad is leaving again, I'm sorry"

"Hello again, I missed you."

"She's had a stroke, and it don't look good"

"Grandma's gone baby, she waited until you called"

"No. She's not. She can't be, I need her"

"Why does she get to sleep? She was gone the whole time Grandma was sick, and she gets to skip out on helping with the funeral."

"If one more person orders a waffle tonight, I'm leaving for the Army"

"I'll take a waffle please"

"Goodbye, I love you"

"Hey, You must be from out of space cause I can see the stars in your eyes."

"That line normally work for you?"

"I love you"


"I love you more"


"I'm done, take your rings"

"If you want to move up in this business, you need motivation, you lack it"

"You like Yoda?! Want to go to the movies?"

"Let's move in together"

"Your pregnant????"


"I'm sorry, the baby never developed"


"It hurts more than I thought"


"Best Birthday Present ever - things will be fine this time"


"Congratulations, it's a girl!"


"I love you"


"I love you more"

"Mommy"


"We can't afford for you to stay at home"

"I'm sorry, you lost the baby" 


"I'm sorry, you lost the baby"


"I'm sorry, you lost the baby"


"I have something to tell you"


"I will fight for you"


"If you hurt without him, don't let him go, tell him you love him and that you will forever. He forgave you, now forgive yourself"


"Happy Birthday... again"


"Congratulations, it's a boy!"


"I feel complete"


"Me too"


"Mommy"






This was inspired by Maria's post at Mom of Three Seeks Sanity on "Things you thought you'd never hear."These phrases shaped me into who I am today. They kind of tell a little story. What words shaped you? Thanks for reading!





3 comments:

Frugal Vicki said...

Wow, that truly did tell a story. And my heart literally broke and then swelled for you. Great job

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

Amazing how much words can mean sometimes! Following your blog now!

Life Is A SandCastle said...

very touching