Saturday, September 25, 2010

I might lose some followers with this post.

I hung out with an old friend today and this is what I have to say. It might offend you, if it does... well it does.

As some of you know it took me a long time and a whole lot of heartbreaks to get pregnant with my son. After so many heartbreaks I ended up being jealous of any woman that I saw that was pregnant. Sounds bad, but it's true. I've looked at pregnancy entirely different since I went through what I did. It's a gift, a true gift. It seriously pisses me off that abortion is thrown around so easily. Weather it's said or done, it makes me angry. There are SO MANY WOMEN that can't have babies. Those woman would give anything to have what others throw away. Those women that cry every month, desperate to get that positive pregnancy test. Those women that pray to God every single day, begging him. Those women that feel so desperate, like they failed. I know because I was one of them.

I know that there are millions of reasons why women have abortions. But damn it, there are ways to prevent it. Why is it that abortion is the easy way out? Why not put that baby up for adoption? There WILL BE someone out there to love that baby. Maybe you don't want to go that route, because it's harder on you... well maybe you shouldn't have had sex. Maybe you should grow up? Maybe, just maybe you should use a freakin condom/birth control pills/one of the hundreds of other ways to prevent it. To the girls that do it over and over again... well maybe you should be sterilized.

It sucks when you hang out with an old friend and find that you have nothing in common anymore. It sucks even more when that friend is going to do something you totally don't agree with - even if it is none of your damn business. Makes you realize that you wont be hanging out with them anytime soon. It's almost like kissing part of your good old days goodbye.


I've been friends with this girl since high school, and we have talked off and on through out the years. Our kids play together once or twice a year, but I didn't really want to just end the friendship. It's always good to have friends. I will still be friends with this girl, but I'm sure I will never look at her the same way again.

3 comments:

Katie S said...

I completely agree with you!

I have been "trying" for almost 7 years and I cannot get pregnant.

Abortion is not the right thing to do!

Dawn said...

Hey girl! Thanks so much for entering my giveaway.. I am now following you, you have a great blog!

Totally agree with this post. I feel like so many people take pregnancy/their kids for granted, or see them as a burden. Nothing could be further from the truth, my kids are the biggest blessing I have ever imagined.

Great Post!

Cynthia said...

I'm not an official follower, but happened to pop across your blog via Erica @ JustCallMeCheap

...and while I respect your opinion, I disagree very much so.

According to Adoptuskids.org there currently about 115,000 children in the US in foster care waiting to be adopted. That's an awful lot of children who don't have loving parents and a place to permanently call "home."

I'm not sure I personally would abort a pregnancy, but I would never prevent another person from an early-term abortion if they didn't feel they could adequately care for that child. There are already plenty of children available for adoption who would adore a loving family.

Respectfully,
Cynthia cindi_lach (at) juno (dot com