Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ready for school...almost!


So getting Noodle ready for school is not as easy as I thought it was going to be! She is starting preschool, and the first letter I got said she only needed a backpack. Ok, that's awesome! Well, the second letter said a few more things, and when we meet the teacher she will need even more supplies. WTH? It's good though, my sister in law has shelled out way over $100 bucks for supplies this year, I definitely cannot complain!

What kind of school clothes do you buy for a preschooler? She has plenty of nice t shirts, a few dresses, and a ton of jeans. Do I really need to buy much more? I'm going to get the basics like socks and what not. But I don't think I'm gonna go crazy buying clothes. Getting new clothes used to be my favorite part of going back to school, poor kid, she's not getting that this year! Between all the grandparents and us, she gets new clothes all year round, so I think she will be alright.

I find myself getting more and more excited and less sad about her going to school. I can't wait to see the things she brings home from school, and the little field trips, and the friends, and class parties...

Yes, I'm excited! As horrible as it sounds, I'm also excited for me. I get a little break during the day, and I will be able to get in some much needed bonding time with my little man. I say all this now, but I'm sure on the first day of school I will be bawling like a baby! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be very glad you got a short supply list. I had to purchase 3 containers of Hand Wipes, 2 boxes of Kleenex, 2 pumps of hand sanitizer, 2 reams of copy paper, Clorox Wipes in addition to the regular supplies. It was almost $100 as well :(

JosiahsMommy said...

Lol. And this is only preschool. Wait till college. Good luck and I hope school goes well.