I think I've said before than moms are very busy people, and any time saved is amazing to busy moms. Today, Social Moms and Seattle's Best coffee would like to know your 10 tips for making your life easier and more efficient while on the go. We are always on the go around here, so I'd like to share my ten tips with you!
1. Pre-plan. There have been many times that I have had some place to go and like to no time to get everything together. I like to have certain things packed and ready to go for the times that I have to go somewhere on the fly. I keep an extra diaper bag in the car with all the extras that I can think of that I will need for most occasions. It has come in handy many times.
2. Easy, ready to go meals. Having easy meals stocked up has saved me a bunch also. I like to stock up on things like Stoffers Lasagna so that I don't have to worry about cooking a meal when I have too many things to do. I can just throw it in the oven and I'm good!
3. Get a head start. Generally I am early no matter where I go or what I have to do. I always allow myself at the very least an hour of what I call 'grace time" and again, it's saved me on many occasions. You never know what crazy stunt the kids will pull that can put you behind!
4. Snacks! I like to keep snacks in the car so that I don't have to stop for unhealthy fast food when the kids get hungry while we are out. Things like trial mix will be perfectly fine staying in the car. In fast during the summer we keep a cooler in the car so that we don't have to stop to get bottled water.
5. Incorporate help! I'm kinda bossy about it but I have certain things that the kids have to help with... and the hubby too. I have realized that I cannot do it all... all the time. So having help, helps me a lot.
6. Shop online. Shopping online not only saves valuable time, but gas too, and with gas prices as high as they are here, it's a double win. Not to mention all the great deals you can find online that are not in stores. Amazon is my favorite place to shop!
7. Only do what you can handle. When my daughter first started school, I signed her up for everything and I tried to help out with everything too. Once I realized that just wasn't working out for us, she is only in one thing now. You can't be everywhere at once, and it definitely saves time to only do what you can handle.
8. Use a calendar. The calendar on my cell has helped me so many times. I forget things a lot, so when I set a date for something I always add a second date 2 days before the thing I need to do so that I have a little head start.
9. Relax! A happy mom makes a happy family, therefore I try to find 10 minutes or so during the day of after the kids are in bed just for myself. I'm much more relaxed after that and I'm ready for the challanges that the next day will bring!
10. Once a month cooking! Though I haven't been doing this so well lately, it really helps. Take one day and cook all the meals you will need for the month. That way you can throw a pre-made casserole in the oven and not have to worry about dinner!
So, there are my ten tips. I hope they help someone! Do you have anything that you do to make life easy for you? If so, I would love to hear it! Go HERE for a $1.50 coupon off of Seattle's Best Coffee!
About Seattle’s Best Coffee
As coffee blenders and roasters since 1970, we’ve seen a lot come and go. We went from a tiny shop on the Seattle waterfront to being declared Seattle’s Best Coffee in a local competition. In 2003, we joined the Starbucks family which has allowed us to place more resources into further honing our special way of crafting delicious, impossibly smooth coffee. Every step of the process, from coffee cherry to your cup, is managed to fit our exacting standards and our premium approach to coffee. Now, we’re making it easier to find your perfect coffee with our new Level System.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.